DX Dance Team Challenge Competition allows friends an opportunity to choreograph a routine and perform it in front of a live audience.
- TIME: One-minute thirty seconds (1:30 min) in length. Timing begins with the first beat of the music and ends with the last beat of the music.
- TEAM: Each Dance Team Challenge (DTC) group may include anywhere from two (2) to five (5) dancers.
- COSTUMING: Costumes must be age appropriate and suitable for family viewing. Team costumes are allowed. Inappropriate costuming is illegal and will be assessed violation points.
- RULES: DX general rules and guidelines apply to the Dance Team Challenge (DTC).
- JUDGING CRITERIA: Each DTC performance is adjudicated on difficulty [skills/combinations], execution [lack of mistakes/control], technique [placement/proper form], and showmanship [passion/confidence]. Each area is worth 25% of the score.
- LIMITATIONS: Dancers may compete on as many DTC performances as they want. There are no limitations.
Recipients of the DX Dance Team Challenge competition will receive $35 scholarship certificates, medals, and hold the title for one year. Dance Team Challenge recipients will be awarded for all age categories.
Click here for DX Individual & Small Group Divisions.