DX STUDIO NATIONALS - All American Talent & Scholastics Scholarship Program
Update 07.0717 << Back to NATIONALS page
The DX NATIONAL ALL AMERICAN TALENT & SCHOLASTIC COMPETITION is designed to recognize individuals who encompass the whole package. Those with the highest combined score based on their scholastics [transcript closest to the date of the event with GPA highlighted], athleticism [must compete a solo at nationals], accomplishments [resume outlining school, dance and community service], personality [interview on site], expression [essay], and support letter of recommendation from a director, dance teacher or school teacher – one required but may submit more] will receive the DX NATIONAL ALL AMERICAN prize package and scholarship. It is the highest individual honor at DX events. Paperwork must be postmarked no later than 30 days from event. Materials will not be returned.
ENTRY FEE - $39 per dancer and includes All American entry fee (normally $100) and a Gala ticket for Saturday night. Additional banquet tickets may be purchased for directors, dancers, and guests.
Winners will be announced during the semi-formal Awards Gala Banquet on Saturday night.
Don’t miss this fantastic opportunity to participate in an unique event designed to recognize outstanding dancers who excel not only on the stage, but also in the classroom!
WINNERS RECEIVE: an award, jacket, crown and $150 scholarship certificate!
Candidates are required to:
- Remit a headshot or photo of themselves
- Also, email a headshot to email@example.com SUBJECT LINE: Event Name (NATL AA), First & Last Name, _Studio
- Submit a resume outlining school, dance, and community service - worth 12% of score
- Submit a school transcript for the grading period closest to the Nationals date with a current GPA highlighted - worth 25% of score
- Submit a letter of recommendation from director, dance teacher, or school teacher - one required/may submit more - worth 1% of score
- Submit a 1,000 word [or less] essay on "My Role Model" - worth 12% of score
- Perform a solo routine - worth 25% of score
- Participate in a private, two-minute interview, on site, with DX judges - wear dance costume/attire - worth 25% of score
- Fill out and attach the DX All American Studio Nationals Cover Sheet to the top of your paperwork
Finalists and Champions will be announced during the Awards Banquet and reintroduced on stage Sunday during finals.
2017 DX Nationals ALL AMERICANS
MINI: Sophie Ferrer from Studio Vibe
PETITE: Chloe Ferrer from Studio Vibe
JUNIOR: Molly McGrane from Platinum Dance Ctr.
TEEN: Elise Roxas from Studio Vibe
SENIOR: Tessa Longshore from Studio J Dance
2016 DX Nationals ALL AMERICANS
JUNIOR: Rose Curtis from Jennifer's Dance Centre
TEEN: Ava Wickberg from Platinum Dance Center
SENIOR: Marissa Starkey from Dance Express
2015 DX Nationals ALL AMERICANS
PETITE: Danielle Spoden from Jam Hops Dance Connection
JUNIOR: Amelia Kappel from Push
TEEN: Alex Peterson from Push
SENIOR: Emily Baker from Arabesque School of Dance