AmeriCup Dance Championship
2016 - February 18 to 21
2016 Awarding 11 Bids To Dance Worlds
FOUR DAYS OF FUN
- You decide which events fit into your schedule and when you would like to stay based on your budget.
- Free Photos for every dancer - for every dance - for REAL!
- Thursday night includes the DX trademark 'Purple Party" Dance and pizza party. What a great way to begin your weekend.
- Super Star skill competition features dancers showcasing their best leaps, turns, jumps, and kicks.
- The semi-formal DX Awards Banquet is always a favorite of attendees. Come dress up for a night of recognition.
- Academic recognition, National Performer of the Year performances, All American announcement of individual accomplishments are the focus of the banquet evening.
- DX Hall of Fame, and DX National Coach of the Year are also announced on stage.
- Group rates at official hotels offer affordable housing for attendees and guests. Reservations booked online directly through DX.
- While in Minnesota, most teams take a trip to the world famous Mall of America and Nickelodeon Universe. Some attend a local MN Timberwolves game. Others check out the Nicollet Mall in downtown Minneapolis. Local restaurants within walking distance from the Minneapolis Convention Center provide fantastic meals at affordable costs.
- Team competition takes place at the Minneapolis Convention Center in the beautiful Auditorium complete with plush seating, exceptional acoustics and professional atmosphere.
- Compete on a 40' x 40' marley covered stage.
- Multiple panels of judges allow performances to run back-to-back to keep the audience entertained.
- The same panel evaluates all routines in a specific division for accurate and fair judging.
- Judges with Worlds experience will be adjudicating our world bid divisions.
- All divisions will use the Worlds Score Sheets when possible.
- NEW - All Division winners are official Grand Champions and will receive official Champion rings.
- All American Talent & Scholastics
- Performer of the Year Talent
- Dance Team Challenge Groups
- Super Star Skills Competition - Jump, Leap, Kick & Turn
- Academic Excellence Achievements
- Spirit & Sportsmanship
- Distinguished Leader Recipients
- National Coach of the Year
- Hall of Fame Inductees
BIDS TO OTHER EVENTS
- All first-place winners from pom, jazz, and hip hop routines qualify for THE ONE Regional events an have an opportunity to compete against other first place teams from around the country.
- DX will also be awarding 11 bids to the USASF Dance Worlds.
- Definitions of divisions (team, individual, and small group), styles of dance, Grand Champ categories, Worlds , and The One
- Register A New Team
- Coach Memos - password required
- Due Dates & Policies
- IEP Universal Waiver
- VIP Offer 2016
2016 OFFICIAL DX HOODIE -order on team acct.
Photos & Video
Forget your camera. You won't need it. DX is giving every dancer a complimentary photo CD for every dance. Yes - you heard that right! FREE Photo CDs for everyone!
- 1301 Second Ave. S.
- Minneapolis, MN 55403
Official Hotels of DX AmeriCup
- Academic Recognition
- Distinguished Leader Recognition
- Awards Banquet
- Purple Party & Dance
- Coach of The Year
- Spirit & Sportsmanship
- Hall of Fame
INDIVIDUALS & SMALL GROUPS
- All American Talent & Scholastic Competition
- Performer of the Year Talent Competition
- Dance Team Challenge Small Group Competition
- Super Star Skills Competition - Jump, Leap, Kick & Turns
- DX Individual & Small Group Divisions
- SCHEDULE - Overview
- Divisions & Style Definitions
- Team Competition
- Awards and Prizes
- Score Sheets - Pom - Jazz - Hip Hop - Open - Lyrical/Contemporary
- Violation Form
- THE ONE Finals
- Dance Worlds